> On 3/10/2014 2:41 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>> On 3/10/2014 1:12 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
>>> I still can't see the BBB on the network.
>>>
>>> On a power up or reset, the 3 lights next to the reset button sequence
>>> on one by one and the lights on the RJ45 jack flash briefly.
>>>
>>> I'm going to reflash the uSD card and try it again.
>> If that doesn't work, you might try pressing the reset button a couple
>> seconds after you apply power and holding it for a few seconds.  I have
>> occasionally had boards that didn't always properly see the Ethernet
>> phy, and this seemed to help.
>>
>> Otherwise, you need at least an HDMI cable, and preferably a USB serial
>> cable.  There's no substitute for being able to see what's going on.
>>
> I got a HDMI cable and found out that when it boots, the lights near the
> mini USB come on in sequence but nothing ever shows up on the
> HDMI screen.   I made using the procedure on this page:
> http://blog.machinekit.io/p/machinekit_16.html
>
> Starting at :Write the SD Card
>
> I'm using Linux 12.04 to create the uSD card.
>
> I'm using a Sandisk Class 4 uSD - 8 gigabytes in size.
>
> The HDMI cable is good since I can boot the BBB without the uSD and it
> boots properly.
>
> But I did notice when running the script that a few errors pop up saying
> it can't recognize a file type and it can't write to the root directory.
> I have a sudo in the front of the script command line.
> Although the completed card appears to have a root with files in it,
> etc.  Nothing obvious is out of place.
>
> Perhaps I am missing some dependencies on the Linux 12.04 box?
>
> The uSD card creation script runs to completion.
>
> Anything obvious come to mind?   If not, I'll attach a TTL to USB cable
> and see what a terminal window says when it boots.
>
> I have a Linux 10.04 box also that I can try and use to create the uSD card.
>
> Dave

If you have a PC with Windows can use this image

http://webshop.juve.ro/download/bb-lcnc-machinekit-2013_12_10_aj05.img

Connect the BeagleBone with PC by a USB cable
and run the start.bat after the boot.

From:    Prof. Ernesto Lo Valvo

CNC Lab Unipa - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjobmz18Hn_B-s89ctCoQmg

Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica, Gestionale, Informatica e Meccanica
Universita' di Palermo
Viale delle Scienze
90128     Palermo (Italy)