On 03/21/2014 07:06 PM, sam sokolik wrote:
> I was wondering how I could check that..  I don't know - but I can tell
> you this..
> At G64p.002q0
> P is in mm and my config.  30in/s^2 and 500ipm per axis..
> the velocity just starts to dip - just wiggles between 3000 and
> 2999mm/min.  If I do p.001q0 it fluxuates around 2200mm/min.  The
> accelleration graph looks a but harry at that thoug though.. (wipping
> around to try to keep up the path tolerance and velocity up..)
[snip]
> so with the path programmed - it can follow at cutting speed with
> tollerances below what is sane... (with that config)

That looks pretty impressive to follow within 50 micrometer. I prepared
a few versions of the same patters. Each with a different angular
interval to generate the curve from 10deg...0.2deg steps. That results
in linear segments with lengths from ~0.75mm to ~0.01mm.

http://media.vagrearg.org/gcmc/trochoidal-steps.tar.gz

I wonder if the smallest angular interval would improve the following
and where the breakdown occurs.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)