On 03/20/2014 03:19 PM, sam sokolik wrote:
> the limit of sim is 1800mm/m - so if you change all the axis velocities
> to 58mm/s (3500mm/m) it peaks at 2900mm/min.  Upping the acceleration to
> 1000mm/s^2 makes the program run at 3000mm/m steady.

Indeed, with that setup the trochoidal path will be finished in ~73s and
the total time ~168s.

Also, LinuxCNC's runtime calculation of 2.7min will finally be correct
for all practical purposes and intents.

> with my setup of 30in/s^2 - I get 3000mm/m (cool) the current TP
> peaks at about 600-700mm/s

It works :-) However, if you are going to do trochoidal milling at those
speeds, then you better make sure that you have one of those machines
that weighs too much and is bolted securely or it will start dancing in
the room.

Great work! keep it up.

--
Greetings Bertho