The 7i76 datasheet says 8-32v input.  It would be handy for me to use my
40v supply.  Is there some reason this won't handle more than 32v?

Reasons for questioning..

A8499 = 50v
<http://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/Files/Datasheets/A8499-Datasheet.ashx>

Input cap = 63v

Question 2 for the 5i25:  How do I go about using mesaflash on linux?  I
tried running mesaflash from the command line but it just says command not
found.

Last go around the linux utility wasn't out, so I used the dos utility and
it took all day to get it right, plus had to program the card in a
different machine.