I will use this driver as a starting point since I did not work with linuxcnc
before and later on I will probably switch to a standard protocol. I have
worked with CANopen and guess the aproach used for PDO communication but sent
via UDP would be good but some drawbacks could be accepted if it is a standard
protocol. The hostmot FPGA cards seems really good but I think there may be
cases then MCU is a better approach but time will tell.

It is probably a few months away but any suggestions for a standard protocol
would be appreciated?

Nicklas Karlsson