The VFD takes 0-10V, so the output min is set to 0 and max to 10. When testing
in the PnCConf open loop test the scope confirms that the output voltage is
correct for whatever I enter in the test box for DAC output i.e. 5 gives about
5V, 2 about 2V, etc. that all works fine. The current enable and direction
outputs work correctly in the open loop test as well it just has the issue with
the instant direction change during decel when stopping from a reverse run.

I'm thinking that switching to fwd and rev control instead of enable and dir
will work around that problem. The 7i76 has fully isolated opto outputs
provided for enable and direction, but the VFD doesn't need that since it's
isolated and will take 24V signals from the regular field outputs just fine.
The 7i76 dedicated enable and direction outputs can't be used for fwd / rev
since the enable is hard linked to the analog output enable.

The real issue is that I am unable to get any spindle operation at all in
LinuxCNC no matter what settings I use, and even in PnCConf open loop test I
can't get any operation if I have an encoder configured. I don't know the
encoder CPR, I'd have to take it out of it's mount to read the info. I figured
I'd just get the spindle running at a known speed and put a frequency counter
on it to calculate CPR.

Thanks,

   Pete C.