Andrew - I have 3 D525MWs, two with Mesa 5i25 cards. One's been in
operation for almost 2 years, the other is a new install that I'm
completing.

Not being an expert in this area, but I did purchase a small switching
supply for field power, (12v in my case) and I have another 5v one for
analogue spindle control.

When disconnected from your machine, what voltages do you see on the pc
power supply bus?

I wonder if the PC power supply is in trouble?  Can you test the 5i25
boards with a known good PSU, without the 5i25 cards?  It is a hassle, but
switching boards is a fairly quick operation, especially if only for
testing purposes.

JohnS.