Hello to all!

A few months ago our Mazak spindle died and we replaced it with a new one
of the brand Yaskawa. The lathe is behaving well but it's a good idea to
replace the control with a LCNC machine following a planned schedule just
to avoid the emergency of replacing it in case of a sudden failure on the
Mazak original cpu.

I've seen that there's a link on the wiki with a VMC Mazak retrofitted to
LinuxCNC. (http://webpages.charter.net/bengvall/emc/emcconversion.html).

>From what I can read on that link and what I found about the DC servos on
our Mazak, both work the same way comparing the phase to eliminate the
following error. I've got some info on the manuals that came with my lathe
that says the following:

X Axis Servo Motor                Z Axis Servo Motor
HD81-125                              HD101-12
0.8 Kw - 1.5 Kva                    1.1 Kw - 2.2 Kva

Here are two links to pictures of the drivers to see if there's a
possibility to use them with LinuxCNC or if it's better to replace the
drivers for simpler ones.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/5573/lgfKjB.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img743/4134/rk1IuG.jpg

What I find a little strange is the power of the motors, I thought that for
the size of this lathe 0.8 and 1.1 kw it's not that much, but may be that's
because I'm not used to work with servos, I only worked with steppers so
far. Although the ballscrews on both axis are really easy to move by hand
so this might be the right specs for the motors.

Sorry for the long description but my question is: Is it possible to use
these drivers? or is it going to be a lot of trouble to get them to work
with LinuxCNC??

Thanks as always for your help!

--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.