On Thu, Feb 26, 2015, at 09:30 AM, richsh...@comcast.net wrote:

>  Also keep the safety stuff completely separate from the control stuff. By
>  that I mean the overtemp limiter controls a mechanical contactor, not just
>  turns the SSR signal off.

Yep.  True story from work a few years ago:  We had made a number of
prototypes of a brand new small motor drive.  Plastic housing.  They were
in a test oven for a weekend heat run.  While we were gone the heater SSR
failed in the on position.  Opened it up on Monday morning and the drives
looked like something out of a Salvator Dali painting - the plastic housings
had partly melted and there were plastic stelactites and stelagmites
everywhere.

John Kasunich