To get higher accuracy you need more accurate measurement, some extra
resolution above the accuracy is also useful.

For better dynamic perfomance it may make sense to close the inner loop if the
inner loop is faster than the outer loop. If the electic response is much
faster than the mechanical response then there is rather little to gain from
faster control loop. If motor inductance is around 1mH, applied voltage is 48
volt and current is 10A then U=L*di/dt <=> dt = L*di/U = 1mH*10A/48V = 0.2ms =
200µs is the time to change motor torque from zero to maximum which put an
upper limit on dynamic response, there is also a rotational speed dependent
back emf reducing available voltage.

If you do not like the math. Change servo loop peridicity adjust control loop
and see if it make any real difference.

Nicklas Karlsson