For stability without rattle inertia is low but for the hole gear box inertia
is a low. I guess servo loop have to be tuned for the low inertia or a small
load added to get rid of the rattle.

If there are enough bandwidth and computational power I can see so no reason to
keep peridoicity of servo loop down. Theoretical upper limit then increasing
make no point is in best twice the switching frequency. For a slow mechanical
system there might however be very little to gain.

Nicklas Karlsson