On Sunday 29 March 2015 15:50:39 Cecil Thomas wrote:
> It might be too obvious to point out but I would feel the need to ask
> about the current output capability of the 24 and 36 volt supplies or
> batteries.
>
> A 36 volt supply that can't output the motor's rated current is not
> going to turn the motor as well as a 12 volt supply with ample
> current capacity.

This is true, but if the supply was loaded that far beyond its
capabilities, I'd also expect it to release its magic smoke well before
the times the OP said he had tested it.  Even if he was using a triplet
of 916 batteries, to get his 36 volts they would have to be pretty well
used to fail as bad as he claimed without failing with smoke & sound
effects.

Fresh ones loaded that heavy would probably have smoked in a minute or
less.

This is a case of having lots of info presented, 90% of which is not
being backed up by a clarifying reply.

At this point, I am wondering if English is not the OP's first language.