On 04/01/2015 06:33 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

... snip
> My distaste for gedit is because gedit probably cost me 2 extra weeks
> getting my lathe running with a 5i25 card because of its propensity to
> copy a line, or several lines of .hal stuff, into the middle of other
> lines of .hal stuff,
... snip

I have had this happen to me and it seems my mouse wheel is the source
of trouble. The wheel is also the middle button which seems to have a
paste function. When I use the wheel to scroll through a file there is a
risk that turning the wheel also trips the middle button. One time, I
pasted an e-mail reply several times into a large Python file.
Sometimes, it can take weeks to discover the error. I've tried changing
all my mice to ones without wheels, but they are too handy for scrolling
and some software requires a wheel. I suppose I should figure out how to
disable the wheel button function.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/