On Wednesday 01 April 2015 10:10:24 Moses McKnight wrote:
> That is interesting, because I use Gedit a *lot* - multiple instances
> running with multiple files open in each instance - and I have never
> had it trash a single file or ever even crash.
>
> Moses

I have no clue where the actual fault in the gedit situation might lay,
perhaps a plugin that didn't play well with others was at fault.  And
now that I've found geany, I don't care.  Its a headache I needn't worry
about any more.

If I am ever made aware that a newer minor version (its 20.3 in the
10.04-4 repos), containing bugfixes is in the repo's, I might give it
another chance.  In the debian repos for wheezy, it is some other far
fetched version, like 3.4.2 but its been excised, or never installed.