On Monday 04 May 2015 16:20:46 Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> Can you boot it into memtest and leave running overnight? memtest
> stresses out CPU and memory systems so maybe that would show
> something.

I got it to run from a recent manjaro install cd & left it for 2 full
passes. no problems.  Ejecting that cd and rebooting I did get a grub
screen 3 times, but each time I selected memtest, it reported not enough
memory to run it.  ???  And then I did a power down reboot & haven't
seen a grub screen since.

The keyboard and mouse are both wireless usb, but if it works in the
bios, it seems to make sense that it should work for boot options too.

It has locked up 5 times today, everytime while running LCNC.  Never when
I was editing code with geany unless LCNC was running and waiting on my
latest edits.

[...]

> > I thought perhaps I had found it when I attempted to remove what
> > looked like a hair about 3" long, wedged between the motherboard and
> > the PS-2 connectors, but which on closer examination, was actually a
> > steel shaving about the size of a hair but flattened, I assume from
> > the punch presses work on stamping out the chassis.
> >
> > But removing it made no diff, so when it crashed while I was editing
> > a program to carve the outside of the taperlock bushing, I said
> > screw it, called Directron in Texas where I had purchased it, but
> > they were unable to identify it.  I did find a supply that looked
> > like it would fit, so I popped over to amazon & its on the way for
> > 26 bucks.  If that doesn't fix it, what is the next best mobo to put
> > in this mini-atx P4 shoebox?
> >
> > This one was one of the D-525MW boards.
[...]

But I am about done for the day, after giving up on getting it to cut the
hub off the raw stock, I started ripping up the flooring of the deck on
the front of my shop, which after a decade under the trash from a
neighbors tree that kept it wet for days after a rain, and I put a foot
thru it last week.  Getting dangerous so I have about 2/3rds of what it
will take to replace it with treated 2x6 lumber. All Lowes had that was
fit to throw in my pickup, I have to go back and get about 8 more 8
footers to do it all.

And I have to do it, it sure isn't going to change itself.  I even stood
in the middle of it and asked for volunteers.  Crickets...  The sub
framing doesn't look so hot either, but it will hold up some more 2x6's
till after I fall over.  I hope.

Biggest problem ATM is the ultra cheap hacksaw blades that came with a
Dewalt Sawzall.  I have about 150 deck screws around the edges that are
holding the balister sticks, which need about the inner end 7/8"
removed, and with these blades each one seems to be good for 3, maybe 4
screws cut off.  So I gotta find some better blades.  Lots better if I
can find them.  A web search just showed more of these. :(  At the cost
of the blades, that is about a dollar a screw cut off.  Ouch!

Some days its just not worth gnawing thru the straps to get up in the
morning. :(

Thanks Przemek.