hello, all,

I've been selling some Automation tech brushless DC motors
with encoders to go with my servo amps.  Lately I've been
using HEDS-5640#A06 encoders from Avnet, which are the
highest resolution I can get with a 1/4" shaft.  There used
to be inexpensive alternates from US Digital and Renco, but
these are now MORE expensive than the Avago HEDS units.  I
know about the CUI AMT series, but have a few quibbles about
them due to mechanical fit and acceleration lag.

Does anybody know of another source of these modular
encoders that are less than $43 in small quantity?  I might
not even mind buying on Ali baba if somebody has a seller
that supplies a good part with good service.

When I say modular encoder, I'm thinking of a unit that has
a plastic plate that is mounted to the motor end plate, then
the encoder slides onto the motor shaft and snaps onto the
plate, and the encoder disc is secured with a tiny hex wrench.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jon