If you're going to use micro-switches, rather use this
<http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/microswitches/1031645/?searchTerm=103-1645&relevancy-data=636F3D3126696E3D4931384E525353746F636B4E756D6265724D504E266C753D656E266D6D3D6D61746368616C6C26706D3D5E5C647B337D5B5C732D2F255C2E2C5D5C647B332C347D2426706F3D313426736E3D592673743D52535F53544F434B5F4E554D4245522677633D4E4F4E45267573743D3130332D3136343526>
type;

Notice how the button is almost directly under the roller, as opposed to
the 'normal' type of being near the lever pivot.

The indicated type will have increased switching sensitivity and lower
hysteresis.

Regards
Roland