On 2 November 2015 at 02:26, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> Found it!  That is a quite simplified version that assumes some unseen
> mechanism to run the drawbar, and a straight out the side of the wheel
> exit strategy.

Yes, that is how the demo is set up, but the actual sequence is set by
a G-code subroutine, so is reasonably easy to change.

All the carousel module does is interpret carousel position feeback
and  issue motor movement commands for a tool carousel. Everything
else is handled elsewhere. In the examples it is by G-code, but it
would interface with Ladder just as easily.

As you need to move the head up and down and issue spindle speed
commands I think that you will find G-code more convenient, moving the
head from ladder is more difficult.

Also, that example includes spindle orient. You might want to consider
a spindle orient commands rather than a spindle start command.
The docs say that M19 is limited to R-values of 0-360 but you can
force movement in one direction or the other. I think that a string of
180 degree moves could be used to unscrew the drawbar by a requested
amount. It also has a built-in timeout in case things stick. The
advantage would be that you could ensure that the drabar thread
remained engaged.

My milling machine has a sturdy cast cap over a clllar the drawbar on
the horizontal spindle. If you unscrew far enough it actively ejects
the taper.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.