From: "Marius Alksnys" <marius.alks...@gmail.com>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 2:10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] calling Todd Z

11/23/2015 11:50 PM, sam sokolik rašė:
> Rob has been in his zone again..  He has expanded circular arc blending
> into uvw axises.
>
> https://github.com/robEllenberg/linuxcnc-mirror/tree/feature/uvw-blending-dev
>
> we were wondering if you could run it and see if you find any issues.
> Rob and I have hammered on it a bit.  so far so good.
>
> sam
>
> ps - still falls back to parabolic (1 segment look ahead) for abc
> axis.   Rob says
>
> 'There are a few obstacles to rotary axis blending still. The biggest
> one is that the units for linear axes and angular axes are different, so
> tolerances, arc radius, and similar properties are ambiguous. I have
> some ideas to work through, though, so it may be doable.'

Not in all cases XYZ are linear and ABC are angular. For example, 6-axis
robots controlled from robot physics/kinematics savvy CAM G-code - all
axes might be angular.

Some custom machines might use axes in all possible ways.

And all-axes smooth blending is very important thing to have, but
different arc-blending tolerances for each axis is a thing to discuss.

Could they be programmed in g-code as some G64.0, G64.1, G64.2, G64.3,
.. G64.8 parameters?
And / or set them from ini file at startup.

Any other / better suggestions?