On Saturday 05 December 2015 12:02:46 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Saturday 05 December 2015 08:57:52 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings nurbs experts;
> >
> > I'm in the process of doing the code to carve the corner "keys" of
> > these blanket chest lids.  The end decorators are 90 degree arcs of
> > course.
> >
> > But it changes width at 1/3 the length of the key, by nominally
> > 3/16" because the breadboard end is about that much longer than the
> > lids panel is wide on each end.
> >
> > It seems to me that I don't have a small enough corner radius to
> > pull two 45 degree arcs together at the meeting point in the center
> > of of that 3/16" space.
> >
> > So I guess I'm going to test the nurbs code. :)
> >
> > I think 3 x,y points could do that, to specify the S curve I need.
> > Start, center, end.
>
> But when I do that, I get a straight line from A to C thru B. No curve
> anyplace on the stroke. This is with a P1 in every spec. And a P.1
> makes no difference.  Does this mean I have to specify at least 5
> points to get an S-curve like the middle 75% of a capital S's height?
>
> In G90 mode, those are very long lines of code since the variable
> names are long enough to be descriptive, and would be shortened by
> 2/3rds with the use of G91, and a pre-calculated array of points.  Is
> this practical and doable?

Short answer, no.  I can't find a method to reference a numbered variable
indirectly so that I can setup the init data code in a nice neat little
WHILE/ENDWHILE loop.  This also intimates that I cannot access the
#numbered data in a loop. So this code is going to a, take a while to
write, and B, look like a bust code generator spit it out.

Thought, is this something that gcmc can be made to generate?