On 7 January 2016 at 15:01, alex chiosso <achio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the VFD parameters you can setup the maximum current on the motor and
> the VFD should protect itself from an overload (or it should do).

That doesn't seem to be how it works.

If the current goes over the specified motor current (02-01) then it
trip out on motor-overload
if the current is higher than the 18A VFD limit then it trips out on
VFD overload.

What I want to do is not trip out on either overload limit. I was
wondering what the likely effect would be of reducing the applied
voltage in an attempt to limit the current.

Fitting a bigger VFD will be difficult as I only have 240V single phase.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.