The high end VFDs I've used recommend chokes on the output only if the
motor lead runs are hundreds of feet unless the install needs to be
super clean RF wise.
Input chokes or drive isolation transformers are pretty common for the
input, although I have seen a number installed without them. But large
high end drives have a lot different economics than a cheap GS1 drive.
If the drive costs $5000, few people complain about a $600 input choke.

Dave