On 02/08/2016 11:03 PM, andy pugh wrote:
>> Try and try again, or get a hold of the documentation. ;-)
>
> The documentation is silent on the subject:
> http://www.lovatoelectric.com/Single-phase-supply-200-240VAC-50-60Hz-EMC-suppressor-built-in-PNP-24VDC-programmable-inputs/150005010/spd

Interesting...

The doc
(http://www.lovatoelectric.com/HandlerDoc.ashx?s=I365GB12_12.pdf&ic=119)
says it is a RS485 line. I guess that A+/A+ are connected and B-/B- too
for easy chaining.

But page 3-13 describes a plain serial connection too (pins 4/5
RXD0/TXD0). That is the test entry point (needs to be tested for 5V or
RS232 levels). It may be the console or an alternative interface. You
should be get some info from there.

My best guess is that they have mapped the entire register space from
the front-panel config (page 4-9 and forward), as documented, to the
communications register map. That should be possible to test with a few
read commands.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)