On 02/08/2016 11:56 PM, andy pugh wrote:
>> My best guess is that they have mapped the entire register space from
>> the front-panel config (page 4-9 and forward), as documented, to the
>> communications register map. That should be possible to test with a few
>> read commands.
>
> I thought of that, but they only document writable parameters. None of
> them look like a likely place to read currents or voltages.

Often you have r/w registers, where you read a measured value and write
a parameter. However, you are right that it is a difficult call.

I'd start with writing the manufacturer for the right docs. If that
fails then I'd scan the registers and see what returns under "known"
conditions and then correlate.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)