On 20 Feb 2016, at 02:31, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I am not haveing any luck finding one smaller than 3/8 radius, and I need
> one that cuts with a 1/8" radius.
>
> Any body know of a place I might be able to source one that small?

Not sure where might be close to you, but I have one which I got at a local
wood turners' store. It is a 1/8inch gouge tool, but I made it into something
more like a fingernail tool by grinding. I just copied the shape of one of my
larger fingernail gouges. With a tool that small in section, it needs support
close to the cutting edge, because I find mine prone to chatter unless the rest
is set close in. I would be inclined to fix it in a 5/8inch sleeve machined
with a tapered nose.

I can also highly recommend the Drozda Finial Gouge, which takes things a stage
further. Cuts beautifully when used by hand. You can buy one here:
http://www.cindydrozda.com/html/Tool_Info.html

but I bought the DVD which shows you how to make one (too far away for the
expensive carriage on the tool to make sense). There is a youTube video around
which shows much the same thing, I think. There used to be a clip on the Drozda
site, as I recall.

Marcus