I installed the iso image from 2.6.8 on my dads laptop. I had everything
working the way I wanted it last night. I powered it down and then
tonight when It boots up the system will lock up within 10 to 15 seconds
of getting to the login screen.

If I am fast I can login to they system and the xwindow shell comes up
but it will still lock up before the entire system can start.

By lockup I mean the mouse does nothing, and apparently the keyboard
does nothing.

If I do ctrl+alt+F1 to F6 nothing happens.

I have booted into the recover option (second option in grub) and I can
use the startx command and it will bring up the xwindow shell and work
just fine.

Please help me troubleshoot. I have been googling the topic but I have
not found the solution yet.

Thanks,

Jim