i used to use a liquid chemical for hifi snobs called 'tweak'
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?1652-Contact-Cleaning-The-Right-Stuff

but old dollar bills worked well too due to rag content ( does not apply
to new plastic money )

i read once that connectors really only had single point contact
so (hehe) maybe solder your bus connectors?

btw use 90% alco not the cheap 70%
test for pcb cleaner: pour it on your hand.. dries invisible or white? =
ok, else dont use it
hth tomp