I can say that under Mach3 with the XHC handwheel, I noticed that if the
machine was set with high accelerations for 3D carving, it vibrated a lot with
the handwheel at low step distances. It aggressively accelerated through a step
and came to an equally aggressive stop for a very small move.  Really I didn't
want high accelerations for the lesser motions- but no I don't want to hack the
while system for that.  It's equally a problem with speed.  When I'm moving
0.010" increments I don't need high accel and a 1200ipm max velocity.

Danny