On 16 April 2016 at 22:59, Greg Bentzinger <skullwo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just because you got away with bad habits when using Mach 3 is no excuse not
> to learn proper methods.

If this machine uses collets and has no way to achieve a reproducible
tool height then I think that making every tool a separate program
_is_ the right way. Given that LinuxCNC has no jog / probe / touch-off
when paused facility built-in.

I _do_ have a proper spindle and lots of holders and I _still_ find
that one program per tool is often the best way to go if making
one-offs (as this machine almost certainly will be doing).

--
atp
lunatics."