> On May 11, 2016, at 9:57 PM, Andy Pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It costs less than that for hobby and startup use. And I think that their
> definition of "startup" is quite generous.  (Less than $100,000 per year)

It is even more generous than it first appears.  We have had a several
discussions with Autodesk regarding the Fusion license terms in order to deploy
Fusion 360 for all members and staff at a maker space.  Not only does the
license allow for a free use by a “startup” making less than $100,000 per year,
but the intent is that the $100,000 amount is made on a product directly
connected to the use of Fusion 360.  Meaning your business could be making more
than $100k but if you are not deriving more than $100k on the products you
design in Fusion 360 you are within the terms of the free use by a startup.

While the license has some ambiguous terminology Autodesk’s clear intent (if
you talk to them) is to allow and encourage wide use and to have people ‘do the
right thing” when it comes to deciding if they should be paying for use.
-Tom