I have a wireless toolsetting probe here.  It's nice, but it's naturally
sensitive.  Even when you're not using it, very easy to trip, and
LinuxCNC generates a "Probe triggering during jog" error.  Just bump the
table.  The probe doesn't even have a physical hard switch, just the plate.

Hmm.  I don't know why it  was coded to do this, but it's a problem.
Basically it should be ignoring Probe-in if it's not probing.

How can I stop this?  I should probably AND the signal with one that
says it's actually in a probing cycle.  Thus if it's not running the
probe ngc, the AND output isn't true and LinuxCNC won't see a probe trip
even if you genuinely trigger the probe.

So the probing cycle button (momentary) triggers an MDI command which
starts an NGC.  As best I understand it, AND requires a HAL net.

And HAL nets can't be assigned in g-code, can they?

Can an MDI line assign a HAL net?

Can an MDI line do things in addition to calling the ngc, or is it
single-op?  What would the syntax be?

The ProbeStart button is  only a momentary.  I believe it can set a HAL
net and trigger the MDI on the same line, but is there any way to signal
back to the HAL at the end to set this net to disable the Probe-in signal?

This seems similar to the question I had before about how you might set
up ProbeStart to operate as a deadman button, but I haven't yet tried to
go through this.

Danny