On 09/20/2016 08:12 AM, Florian Rist wrote:
> Hi John,
> thanks for you message.
>
>> You can control with the python interface.
>> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/python-interface.html
>
> That refers to the LinuxCNC Python interface, but that does not give me
> access to HAL, right? I tried to implement my sensor following thing
> using MDI, so I send sommands like:
>
>    c.mdi("G0 A{:f}".format(newpos))
>
> This does work in some way, but i require either to wait until each
> command is finished before the next commanded position is approached or
> to about the running command. This make it to slow and does not give
> smooth motions.

My guess is you won't get smoother motion by bypassing the G-code
interpreter and going directly to HAL, but you can try.  Like the
`linuxcnc` python module JT linked you to, there's also a hal module:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/hal/halmodule.html

I think you'll get the smoothest results by getting rid of python (which
is not realtime) and writing a realtime component instead.  This
realtime component will read your sensor and put the value on a hal pin.
  Then link that hal pin directly to joint.N.position-command or
whatever is appropriate.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky