On 10/31/2016 01:50 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
> On 10/31/2016 11:23 AM, andy pugh wrote:
>> Anyway, the point of my initial email seems to have rather been
>> missed: It appears that the calipers are internaly imperial rather
>> than metric, because the measurement was breaking down on exact tenths
>> of  inches readings.
>
> No miss and no surprise here.     We in the US are ahead of the game.
> Everyone else will catch up one of these days.  ;-)
>
> Actually, I think it is more likely that there is a bug in the caliper
> software.  Or perhaps their technology is simply really old?
>
> Dave

It could be that it is a display related thing. Maybe the number of
active segments or a particular segment draws extra current and causes
wonkiness (I'm a little disappointed it's a real word,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wonkiness).

What happens when the calipers are in mm mode?

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/