On Sunday 27 November 2016 08:12:38 Mark wrote:

> On 11/26/2016 07:08 PM, W. Martinjak wrote:
> > On 2016-11-26 11:30, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gene,
> >
> > don't fiddle with the ciphers in ssh.
> >
> > Use the traditional X11 forwarding method.
> >
> > On the x-server machine:
> >
> >   xauth extract - $DISPLAY | ssh <pi-user>@<raspi-ip> xauth merge -
> >
> >   xhost +
>
> And that "xhost +" command opens up your machine to the world.  If you
> are going to use native X rather than an encrypted connection through
> ssh, at least narrow that down by using "xhost +
> <machine_you_wish_display_to_be_on>".
>
> <snipagge>
>
> > Cheers Matsche
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

One last detail before I go out to see why ssh'ing into the raspi has
died.  I made the mistake of rebooting it and its pingable but refusing
connections.  So I've undone the sshd_config stuff on the rest of the
machines, but I'll have to plug console and hdmi cables into it to do
that in person.

Then the question is, do I have to be logged into the machines for this
to work, or, can I put this stuff in the rc.local files so its just done
when I power up the whole thing with one dpst 30 amp switch?

Then its back to trying to get the last bolt out of the motor mount under
the Sheldon, and hoping it doesn't roll off the floor jack when I lower
it.  That motor is at least 2x more massive, supposedly a 3/4 horse,
than the 1 horse 3 phase motor I'll put back in. I am not looking
forward to lifting the 1 horse back into position but it has to be 20
lbs lighter.  That 3/4 is so big, you cannot get a socket to the bolt,
so I have all the struts pulled up to swing it forward just so theres
room to get the open end of a 9/16 combo box end on it, and then the max
wrench swing is 1/12 turn. Gotta turn the wrench over for the next turn.
It would have been a lot simpler if the rear panel of the pedestal was
removable with anything but a smith wrench.  Or I was 60 years
younger. :)

Once broken loose, a set of those stubby wrenches would be handy. But
thats one wrench set I've never dropped the card for. TSC has some nice
ones by Gearwrench, with ratchets in the box end, but around $60 for a
combo inch and metric set.

This 1 horse is carrying a bigger pulley by 3/4", so I'm hoping the
struts have enough range as the belt is in good shape yet.

Waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Thanks Mark.