On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, Steve from Tube Gauge wrote:

> Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 10:35:12 -0500
> From: "[utf-8] Steve from Tube Gauge" <st...@tgifinc.com>
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] Use Fanuc Servos & Amps with EMC2
>
> Hi:

>Is there a simple solution that some one has developed allowing EMC2 to
>connect to the Fanuc drives and red cap motors?  A MESA board or something
>like that that could be wired inbetween like a converter?  I was looking
>through the achieves and noticed lots of issues but stopped after reading the
>23rd entry of over 1200 due to brain overload.
>
>If I was understanding the notes correctly it seems like Fanuc has their
>proprietary communications system that isn't easy to interface to the
>standard
>+- 10 VDC signal with incremental encoder feed back.
>
>I am looking at a late 80's machine with an 0M control that could be ideal
>for
>an inexpensive retrofit if the motors and amps can remain.
>
>Thanks for your help inadvance.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Steve Van Der Loo

It depends on the vintage of the equipment, of your motor drives part number
ends in 6057 or less, you have a analog +-10V drive which is easy to
interface, but if your drives part number ends in 6058 or greater, you have a
digital drive (PWM from controller, 2 analog current feedback channels from
drive = tough to integrate)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)