"halcmd show pin" will tell you which pins actually exist.

Is it possible that the HAL is trying to connect pins before they
exist? With embedded tabs it is best to connect them up with a HAL
file loaded by the -H option:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man1/gladevcp.1.html

On 23/12/2016, Nicklas Karlsson <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >  Only problem I have so far
>> > is to get numeric values from SpeedControl widget, it complain it can't
>> > find
>> > the pin.
>>
>> Glade controls tend to have two HAL pins, gladevcp.pin-s and
>> fladevcp.pin-f which are the value as a signed int and as a float.
>> Perhaps you have omitted to -s or the -f ?
>
> I have tried this and "-value". At first I tried speedcontrol, then dial and
> then spinbutton which was greyed out. It is a little bit annoying. Inputs
> work great and it is probably just a small problem, only had an hour or two
> before I needed to sleep and will continue for a few hours tonight.

atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed
for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics."