On Monday 06 February 2017 08:27:11 dragon wrote:

> Tormach has a pretty good white paper on why they chose to use 3 phase
> steppers on their machines. I found it a great read for future
> reference even though I was going to use servos anyway.
>
> On another note... you can get E661 servos with encoders off of ebay
> for $40 to your door and they are a great match for your Sheldon. Grab
> some used servo drives for about $50 each depending on your power
> supply situation. That is certainly cheaper than the 3 phase steppers
> that you are looking at. Personally if I was to do 3 phase steppers, I
> would go with the Leadshine stuff.
>
> Just my $.10

I see inflation has hit the 2 cents define. :)

With shipping added to the $52 they are asking today, about $75 on my
front deck.  And this guys feedback rating is crap at 85%.  The next guy
has a 100% rating and wants $65 for it, then $72 something from the last
peddler.

But zero data, and that model is so old Electrocraft's web search can't
find it.  So how much twist, what voltage & amps to get that twist, and
how long is it behind the mounting face? I don't really have a length
limit for Z, but X is not more than 115mm's.

IOW, where can I find the info to use it?

I am seeing mentions of up to 300 volts and 12 amps, but not in the same
advert links.  These are brushed motors, can I get brushes?  Its also a
change to a card to drive servo's, more bucks. As in $80 for a card that
slaves 4 servo's to the pwm signals from my 7i90. I assume those +-10
volt signals can drive the amplifiers, but are the encoders position or
velocity tachs?

Lots of questions I'm afraid, and a bigger bottom line at the end of the
probably 3 months it would take to get it all working.

Thank you.