I felt that I said more than $.02... no inflation, just additional
opinion ;)

I don't want to argue more but will answer some of your questions.

I posted the motor specs, other than the dimensions. I can measure one
for you next time I am in the garage if you like. Brushes are a common
size and about $10 a set IIRC. I got lucky and the brushes are like new
in the 6 I got. I wrote that the encoders are either 500ppr or 1000ppr.
That itself indicates that they are absolute encoders. They are not
differential, but you don't need that anyway with the mesa interfaces.

I mentioned that I didn't pay the buy it now price but made them an
offer. If you would like to pay the asking price, that is your choice. I
understand about the feedback rating and you have to do your own
investigating and make up your own mind about taking that chance. It is
definitely worth paying more from a better rated seller sometimes. My
first purchase was from another 'seller' from the same company that had
a high feedback score but I bought the last ones that seller had listed.
The next ones were from the link I gave. Electrocraft still makes
essentially the same motor under a different model number (they changed
all of their model numbers) if you want to spend for new price.

Yes, a 7i33 quad analog servo interface would communicate with any of
the +-10v input servo amps. The 7i33 also has four encoder input
connections. Since you only need X and Z you can use one of the other
outputs and encoder counters for your spindle if you so choose. A
7i42TA, or many other options, will get you home, limit, and estop
switches and any needed outputs.