On 2/12/2017 3:17 PM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:

>> Remember too, that if this machine is used for any other product, then
>> changing moulds is going to be a nightmare. There's often water slopping
>> about during a tool change.
>>
> Well that's why I thought about using a vacuum pump to suck all the oil
> inside the tubing before making the switch between molds. I'm not saying is
> the best solution but a possible one.

You could also blow the fluid out of the lines with air pressure. Might
be easier than a vacuum pump. If just air does not work you could
possibly pig the lines if there are suitable bends for a pig to make it
through the entire system. I am not sure of the geometry of the cooling
chamber in the die.