For you EDM experts out there:  How well would it
work to do sinker EDM with a 3D printed metal part?

In other words, have a part printed to "near net shape",
and use a machined (graphite or copper) electrode and
EDM to take off just enough material to get it to the final
shape with a smoother surface finish.  Am I even correct
that EDM would give a better finish than the raw SLS
surface?  I've seen titanium parts that were CNC machined
smooth after 3d printing (I think using electron beam
melting process), but I'm wondering about using EDM
instead of CNC machining for the finishing step.

Thanks,
-- Ralph