On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Ron Bean <bucketwo...@rbean.users.panix.com
> wrote:

> I've used Fusion360 but I'm still not used to the idea of using a 3D CAD
> program to draw an inherently 2D part. I'll get there eventually.

You just make a sketch on one plane.  Using it this way it is just like any
other CAD program.    But really the main advantage of Fusion is that it is
a concept to manufacturing system.  It handles initial sketches and will
also generate tool paths.    The "tool path" part is why I brought it up
here in this forum.

When you get used to a parametric CAD system it is hard to give that
feature up.   For example I can place holes "two hole diameters" from the
edge of a part, then later I have to change the length of the part, the
holes move to accommodate the new edge locations.   Parametric system are a
response to the fact that designs during the design phase always evolve
over time.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California