On 2/26/2017 12:38 PM, Martin Dobbins wrote:
> My only concern with limited experience with Windows 10 is that the software
> seems to update itself whenever it pleases.

It can, but you can limit when it updates.   So on my one laptop I told
it could only update between 3 and 4 am  and since my laptop is almost
never on then, it has not been an issue.   It complained initially but
then I let a few updates through and it hasn't attempted any updates for
weeks or months.  If you really want to shut off updates there are ways
to do it which are documented on the web.

Apparently with Windows 10 Pro you can entirely control updates. With
lesser versions you don't have as much control.

Dave