On Tuesday 28 March 2017 10:06:12 John Kasunich wrote:

> I can't see how lathe alignment could affect your angle.  If you
> turned the OD running forwards with the cutting tool in front and
> bored the ID running in reverse with the cutting tool in back, then
> yes.  But if both were done with the spindle going forward then the
> tip of the cutting tool is in exactly the same place and should be
> moving at exactly the same angle.
>
> I must say that if I was doing this I probably would program both the
> ID and OD tapers _exactly_ the same, even if that means one of them is
> longer than necessary and wastes a bit of time cutting air.  When you
> change the Z length you leave room for errors to creep in.
>
> I suspect that delta-x divided by delta-z is not the same in your ID
> program vs. your OD program.

For OD:
delta x=0.0993758989161300168, delta z=0.735"
the delta x is TAN[7.7]*0.735

For ID:
delta x=0.135205304647795941, delta z=1.0000"
The delta x is TAN[7.7]

looks correct, is it not?

I need to go to the USPO & send a box of childrens books to a grand niece
with a house full of toddlers.  Its called Honeydoo's.