Uh no again.  Most camper and rv refrigerators use ammonia continuous cycle
and burn propane to produce heat to power the system.  They have been that
way as long as i can remember.  Now i am not as old as you but i would say
that for at least the last 50 years.   In fact the original Dometic
refrigerator in my 73 Airstream is the ammonia type and it still works
fine.   Dometic is still in business as well as Norcold.

John