On Wednesday 03 May 2017 08:02:55 andy pugh wrote:

> On 3 May 2017 at 04:15, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Unknown board: HOST????
>
> That sounds like a failure to properly parse [HOSTMOT2]BOARD to me.
>
> Missing "[" somewhere?

Bottom of the ini file:
[HOSTMOT2]
DRIVER=hm2_rpspi
BOARD=7i90
CONFIG="num_encoders=4 num_pwmgens=1 num_stepgens=4"

line in the hal file;
loadrt hostmot2

# load low-level driver
loadrt  [HOSTMOT2](DRIVER) config=[HOSTMOT2](CONFIG)

That all looks legit to me.  And its been working for several months. I'm
writing another card now but I'm amazed at how slow it is, then I'm
going to do the same thing with the terabyte usb drive I bought
yesterday. And maybe waste a pi, by telling it via the otp, to boot from
usb.  There's a permanent forum post about how to do it. rotating media
has been 100x more dependable when 2% of the data on it is volatile at
any one time.

Thanks Andy.