On 05/24/2017 03:48 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> I see in the logs that there was a period of high web
> activity, starting about 15:09 EDT and ending just
> recently, at 16:40 EDT. During that time the machine
> exhausted its 1 GB of RAM and went 2 GB into swap, which
> causes very high latency. If this was a CNC machine it
> would have E-stopped with a following error. Debugging
> continues...
Periodically, some tentacle of Baiduspider starts hammering
my Pico Systems web server.  I use goaccess to
format and analyze the activity, or just grep on the log
files. Whenever they get past about 50K GETs per day, I
set up an iptable entry to block them.  This used to come up
every couple months when they moved to a new set of IP
addresses.  About due for the next wave from them.

Jon