On Thursday 22 June 2017 23:20:52 sa...@empirescreen.com wrote:

> It is waiting for an index..

Index signal from the encoder.00 right? Humm, shows in the board
registration as encoder.00.Index, but its not mentioned in the hal file.
Duh.

OTOH, the encoder man page says thats Phase-Z:
hm2/hm2_7i90.0:     IO Pin 008 (P1-17): Encoder #0, pin Index (Input)

Which is the 3rd channel from the hall effects watching the 60 tooth gear
on the spindle.

>From the man page:
motion.spindle-index-enable I/O BIT
For correct operation of spindle synchronized moves, this signal must be
hooked to the index-enable pin of the spindle encoder.

And from the encoder man page:
      encoder.N.index-enable bit i/o
              When  true,  counts  and position are reset to zero on the
next rising edge of Phase-Z.  At the same time, index-enable is reset to
zero to indicate that the rising edge has occurred.

None of the above is hooked up in this hal file.

I think I can sort this tomorrow, if I'm not swimming, the talking heads
are saying 2 to 3", possible flooding.  OTOH I'm a good 40 feet above
the river. So I should be dry. :)