On Thursday 20 July 2017 03:41:17 Chris Albertson wrote:

> Gene,
>
> Try h, j, k, l keys if the arrow keys don't work.    VI was created
> LONG ago back when arrow keys were a luxury item.   The old "hjkl"
> still should work for you.

I'll see if I can remember to give them a try.

> It is un intuitive at first then you get into it and it is faster than
> using arrow keys because you don't need to move your hand   HL is left
> right JK is u down.

Its only half of them, Chris. The up-down arrows work fine. Focus is
fubared too, forcing a click in the mdi line box before a return is
recognized. One must develop two different habits to make productive use
of the armhf-jessie install.  And its a mental distraction from ones
train of thought that disturbs concentration and creativity.

The hereafter problem. :)