On 08/15/2017 12:11 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
Sebastian,

I'm curious.  Do you actually use physical machines to do the builds?  I
assumed everyone ran VMWare's  vSphere and had a ton of virtual machines
they were calling a "farm".

The x86 and amd64 builds all happen on a bunch of VMs (running in KVM, not VMware, but same idea).

I have not yet found a reasonably priced, reasonably well supported arm or arm64 server to run arm/arm64 virtual machines on, so all arm builds happen on real arm hardware, Hardkernel Odroid U3:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=g138745696275

It's kind of a pain.... If anyone can recommend a 8+ CPU, 8+ GB RAM arm64 server that runs Debian, i'd love to be educated here. The best i've found is the SoftIron Overdrive.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky