On 08/15/2017 04:09 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
So using KEMU for the arm64 builds is either not working or to slow?

I'm interested because I'm setting up a virtual server farm too.   but just
in planning stages now

I tried using qemu emulation, and it was way too slow. Running on a fast amd64 host, the emulated machine ran slower than a BeagleBone Black.

Also, there is a bug in the qemu's emulation of Arm that makes some kinds of (emulated) memory barriers fail. IIRC Jeff Epler tested this out and saw that this qemu bug caused our test suite to fail.

I'd be happy running non-emulated Arm VMs on an Arm (or Arm64) host, but have not found suitable hardware.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky